Just in time for the Christmas cookie season, Episode 10 features Robert Petrarca of Maxine’s Heavenly. For now, they’re a clean vegan cookie company that makes incredible soft-baked morsels of joy – trust me, I’ve tried them. We geek out on cookies, cookie variations, and the proper way to eat a cookie. Plus, Robert and I discuss our struggles with vegan junk food and health promotion, how to get big forearms by hand-scooping cookie dough, and our shared indecisiveness when faced with a restaurant menu. Listen, subscribe, rate, review, and share!
- Robert brought all five flavors of Maxine’s Heavenly cookies to the potluck! Pumpkin Pecan Spice, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk, Almond Chocolate Chunk, Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin (my favorite), and Double Chocolate Chunk (Robert’s favorite).
- You can find their packaged cookies at Erewhon, Follow Your Heart, Bristol Farms, Gelsons, and Lazy Acres, plus various health stores/natural markets in the San Francisco and Pacific Northwest areas.
- Build Robert’s ultimate cookie creation, the Cookie S’mores Sundae, at home: torch a Dandies marshmallow and sandwich it between two Double Chocolate Chunk cookies. Top with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream (we love NadaMoo!), chocolate fudge sauce, and sprinkles!
- On the savory side, Robert can’t get enough of the Beyond Meat Beyond Burger.
- Let’s talk restaurants. Robert praised the brunch at Hugo’s – go for the almond energy pancakes. Feeling fancy? You’ll find Robert at Crossroads Kitchen, hopefully celebrating the expansion and success of Maxine’s Heavenly.
- Need a bowl for that Cookie S’mores Sundae? Check out Coconut Bowls. All podcast listeners get 10% their entire purchase with the code THEVEGANPOTLUCK. Browse their unique and sustainable bowls, utensils, and even candles to add flair to your kitchen and promote sustainability.