“One part science. One part flavor. One part love.” That’s the secret to baking, according to Episode 9’s guest, Lesli Lonergan, owner and founder of Two Birds Baking Co. Lesli makes the best cupcakes, and they just happen to be vegan (and often gluten-free)! We geek out on baking, the trials and challenges of running a vegan business, and her appearance on Cupcake Wars. Listen, subscribe, rate, review, and share!
- Stock up on your baking essentials at Thrive Market! The Vegan Potluck listeners get a special discount. They have everything you need to make the perfect sweet treats for the holidays, including a variety of flours, sugars, and extracts.
- Find Lesli’s cupcakes (and sometimes cookies) at Hapa Cupcakes in Fullerton, CA, or say hello in person at the Surf City Nights Farmer’s Market. She’s there (usually) every Tuesday night from 4:30pm – 9pm. Check her Instagram for a teaser on her flavors.
- If you’re in the L.A. area looking for a decent brunch spot, Mohawk Bend is Lesli’s pick. Its great for everyone, vegans and omnivores alike.
- Looking for an incredible sit-down meal? Check out Gracias Madre in West Hollywood or Real Food Daily (RDF). You can’t go wrong, but we highly suggest the butternut enchiladas at Gracias Madre and the basic bowls at RDF.
- To dine and dash or pick up a healthy yet satisfying meal, Native Foods is Lesli’s top pick. I definitely have them in my contacts, and the staff at the Costa Mesa location know me. Twister Wrap. Soul Bowl. BBQ Chick’n Salad. Peanut Butter Parfait. Oatmeal Cream Pie….again, you can’t go wrong.