I’ll admit, the last few episodes have featured rather indulgent topics. Episode 8 brings us back into balance with Allison Melody, co-host of the popular podcast, Food Heals Nation. In addition to her own healing journey through food, Allison has interviewed the best and the brightest in the plant-based health and wellness space. We get a bit personal and discuss how Allison discovered plant-based nutrition through tragic events, losing both of her parents to cancer. She’s a committed health advocate who is dedicated to spreading the plant-based lifestyle, and she has helped countless individuals attain healthier, happier lives through her work. She is a master of stir-frys, lover of pasta, and green juice aficionado. Learn how she balances health with the more indulgent side of life, and don’t forget to subscribe, rate, review and share!
- What Allison brought to the potluck: Alkaline water with lemon…you can taste the difference!
- When Allison can’t make it to the farmers market, she relies on a CSA program by Goodlife Organics.
- Some of the best foods her podcast guests have brought include the Jing Slingers’ magic bars, Gluten Free with Emily’s waffles, Addictive Wellness’ vegan whip and super chocolate, and Chef Leslie Durso’s cupcakes.
- Juice stores in Los Angeles are like Starbucks in Seattle and Dunkin’ Donuts in Boston…there’s one on every street corner. Allison highly recommends Kreation, Alchemy Juice Bar + Cafe, and Earth Bar.
- To replicate Allison’s famed vegan cheese platter at your next get-together, be sure to order from Miyoko’s Kitchen and Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen.
- Eating out in Los Angeles? Allison recommends Real Food Daily (a Vegan Potluck favorite!), Gracias Madre for brunch, and Crossroads Kitchen for a romantic night out.
- As always, you can purchase almost everything you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle at Thrive Market! Stock up on super foods to make your daily healing smoothie at home. The Vegan Potluck listeners get a special discount.