For the inaugural episode of The Vegan Potluck, I met up with Jasmine Briones (Sweet Simple Vegan) and Conscious Chris at Swork in Echo Park. Although we covered a myriad of topics, savory waffles, pizza, and veganized Filipino food were a reoccurring theme for this plant-based power couple. Listen to learn more about Chris’s savory waffle addiction, where to find the best vegan brunch, and how these two find balance between health and indulgence.
Check it out here:
- What Tanya brought to the Potluck: Chickpea and Chocolate Blondies, courtesy of Chef Laura Delhauer from the Teaching Jasmin How to Cook Podcast.
- What Jasmine brought to the Potluck: Date-Sweetened Banana Bread
- What Chris brought to the Potluck: Chickpea Salad.
- Check out the Sweet Simple Vegan Blog for recipes, contact info, and updates on the upcoming Ebook. Don’t miss the Unicorn Sushi Donuts mentioned in the show!
- Plan a road trip to Denver for the City O’ City savory waffles Chris raves about.
- Follow Rhianamygdala on IG to find her cupcakes Jasmine and Chris can’t get enough of.
- Find me brunching on the regular at Seabirds Kitchen in Orange County, CA, which also happens to be this couple’s favorite vegan restaurant.
- More of the couple’s favorite restaurants: Real Food Daily, Kindred, Cruzer Pizza, Mohawk Bend, and Masa of Echo Park.
- Finally, if you live in the greater LA area, check out the Hollywood Farmer’s Market on Sundays and say hello to the guys at Ridiculous Baking Co.